Otofrend - The problem of changing a motorcycle chain is actually an easy thing to do yourself. Everyone can do this, as long as they have the intention and know the steps and what to prepare.
Most of the time, to solve this problem, the motorcycle owner immediately took him to the nearest repair shop. Indeed, if you have never done it, even though this job is quite easy to do, it will feel difficult and complicated if you are not used to it.
Carmudi Indonesia will give you a quick tip on how to easily replace the chain and change the motorcycle gear. There are several stages that must be prepared and what equipment must be prepared.
Previously as information for the change of the chain was suggested every 8,000 to 15,000 kilometers, or approximately 1.5 years. This was confirmed by Suhendra Head of Service Advisor Yamaha Pasar Minggu,
Steps to replace and install a motorcycle chain
1. The first thing to do, find a motorcycle chain connection so that it is easy to remove the chain.
2. After the motorcycle chain is removed, the next thing is to remove the rear axle of your motorcycle. Unscrew all the bolts connected to the rear wheel, so that later it is easy to replace the motor gear.
3. Next, after the rear bolt is removed, please switch to the front. Remove the protective cover of the front gear, inside the cover there is a small gear that connects directly to the engine. Remove all the bolts attached to the gear.
4. After the front is complete, go back to the back. The position of the gear is still attached to the wheel, don't forget to also remove the chain protector (usually a thin plate). Only then can you remove all the bolts attached to your motor gear.
5. When you have done everything, now is the time to just install the new gear set that you have prepared.
Do not forget the order or location of the bolts to install correctly according to its designation. To make it easier the first time you do this, take a piece of white paper and place the removed bolts in the order.
Don't forget after installing all the gear and chain, don't forget to adjust the chain tension. For chain adjustment, make sure the chain is not too loose or too tight.
Equalize the chain bolt settings, where there are benchmark lines on the right and left. Both must be in the same position otherwise the gear position will tilt, this causes the gear and chain to wear out quickly.
For information, for Yamaha motorcycle Gear Sets, the price is Rp. 150,000 to Rp. 500,000 depending on the type of motor. Good luck.